Thursday, November 13, 2008

**A WELL ORDERED FAMILY**

11.13.08

From what I read, the marriage life back then wasn't all that different from the marriage life now, just that it seems a little more controlling. What surprised me the most was that the husband is the head of the wife which to me seems like if the husband has complete control of his wife. To me it also seemed like the women couldn't do much on their own with out first asking their husbands. But other then that marriage back then is also very similar to now because even though it seems like the husband controls the wife, they still have to love them and treat them with respect anyways.

2 comments:

carrie said...

How was it more controlling? Don't you think that they took it a lot more seriously back then? Do you think the husband still controls the wife in marriages? The institution of marriage in the U.S. seems a lot different today to me than back then.

Some small errors, but overall a good post. 17/30 points.

carrie said...

woops. I meant 27/30 points.